Friday, September 16, 2011


Needs/Solutions

Need: I want to write with other people.
Solution: Pass it on notebook. One person can get a notebook, get information about other writers online, write a narrative, and then mail it off to the next person. Could be done online or off.

Need: I can never learn the dance steps even though I watch it over and over again.
Solution: Step by step translator by a program watching the video. Person upload could also type in notes and feelings.

Need: I can't find any inspiration anywhere.
Solution: Idea bouncer. A space created where people can take photos (or other medias) and share and "bounce" off ideas... literally in a virtual space.

Need: I want to share work with others.
Solution: Online galleries by individual profiles, group/department, whole community.

Need: I want to start my collection of other people's work.
Solution: Collecting space where users can "grab" art/writing/videos. Somehow can't copy or save though because of rights. —personal collection, or offer credits.

Need: I don't know what equipment to use.
Solution: Place where people can suggest, rate, review, etc. equipment.

Need: I don't have any tools or materials to start anything.
Solution: Exchange place with a no money system (trading post). Perhaps suggest places you can get cheap supplies.

Need: I want critique from other people.
Solution: Place for interactive commenting by keywords or ideas or even writing on.

Need: Where do I even start learning a skill?
Solution: Beginner's section where there are tutorials in various medias.

Need: I want to draw with others.
Solution: Interactive canvas online that detects by mouse or by camera movements and allows users to draw on screen using unconventional tools. No need for a pad.

Need: I need help remembering choreography.
Solution: Dance in front of the camera and a program records what happens through text using dance terminology.

Need: I want to choreograph a dance involving a group of people.
Solution: Meet other people who wants to learn new choreography, post choreographed dance and let them learn, come back together and "dance" together.

Need: I'm too advanced for any additional learning.
Solution: Contribute by becoming a "mentor" and teach/guide younger/inexperienced members provided through a "help hotline" with one on one live video chat.

Need: I don't understand the culture/language behind this.
Solution: Group of "translators" (through a program or volunteer) deciphers for people who are lost.

Need: I want to incorporate another person with a different culture's work into my work.
Solution: Get person's info and collaborate through posting own work and working together online to blend together using live chat with sharing screens.

Need: ways to easilly collaborate.
Solution:  community members can virually build (with analogue, ditital, multimedia components). can link notes, videos, inspirational artefacts, photos, etc. to virtual project. Some virtual projects can actually be made physically if so desired.

Need: ways to let people of different talents collaborate. (ie dance meets writing, music meets fine arts, etc.)
Solution: use virtual multimedia tools/interface to allow members to collaborate remotely, or if they meet up, the tool can easilly facilitate their physical collaborations. using audio/video/recording devices/etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment