Friday, October 9, 2009

WORK DAY PROGRESS

Critique:

I received a considerable amount of insight from my group (Brandon, Raynaldo, Brit, Sarah)

~ I need to have more of a formal comparison in some of my compositions.
I intend to simplify with the vectorization process.

~I need to make sure to include more diagonals in some line studies.
I agreed.

~I must fix the pixillation in some photos.
This is important, and will improve the compositions.

~It was recommended that I simplify some line studies in order to help each composition seem more cohesive.
I intend to do this in the vectorization process.

~Density in lines, and various line widths are a key to making a composition interesting.
I will continue to look for such qualities in line studies.

~I should pay attention to the grayscale on the images. Does this help the composition?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'll keep that in mind.

~I did a pretty good job on my vectorization drawings.
I'll keep that up...

~I might think about zooming in or out on some images in order to help with the formal comparison.
I intend to do this with one or two compositions.

~My photographs are mostly interesting.
This is important. Each image should make for a visually appealing composition.

~I should not include any space between photograph and line study on my spreadsheet.
So that i may fully understand the formal comparison.






~I continued to work on new compositions and to practice my vector drawings. Here are a few of the ones that I am currently working on:




































Vector line drawings:


































































^ This is a vector line drawing of the last spreadsheet that is
shown above.



Exploring a possibility which has potential? Looking at the composition this way helps to give me new ideas at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment