Thursday, February 25, 2010

Project I - process



EVOLUTION OF THE ICON:

The following points shall be addressed and represented in the creative process of project development:

.initial sketches (different ways and methods of rendering an image)

.matrix (exploring different styles that will help stylize, simplify, and communicate the form among a cohesive set of icons)

.iterations (based on matrix – refining and editing the developing images)

.final image


____


.INITIAL SKETCHES:









.MATRIX






.ITERATIONS







.FINAL IMAGE:

-drawing of thumbnail

-vectored in Ilustrator


-traced by marker
-vectored again with live trace in Illustrator




.FRAMING DEVICES:

-All the icons I did were heavily influenced by the framing device that I developed. Eventually I got to a style where each object had some part of it that morphed into and became part of the frame. also, to be sure to have a cohesive, and well optically and balanced set of icons, I mad a point of following a set rule of making the object offset, and usually occupying a little more, or less than half the space.









EVENTUALLY I GOT TO THIS:

then this:




yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment