Wednesday, March 24, 2010

project 3 process II

After doing the research and posting it to the blog, I then had to start thinking of ways that i could put my facts together in infographs and think of which icons will be pertenant to which facts.


I need to articulate 2 concepts for a time based information graphic system, and also geographical, and comparrative.


I decided to simplify the process and seperate my icons into logical groups:


from:


(note: this is an old set of icons - i won't be using them in the final infographs. these just are simply used for reference)



to:


alpine fauna (birds or animals in general)

alpine landscape


man made things of the alps (architecture, clothing, agricultural tools)




I made my 'mind maps' with my facts and icons - finding ways interesting subject matter and fitting as many icons as i could with that subject matter.


I took some additional notes (see below) that helped me considerably in seeing things that could have direct links to one another.


key to notes:

-time based facts

-geographical based facts

-comparative facts


.where more facts are necessary, i CIRCLED something.

.each idea to be developed is represented by a STAR.

.icons are represented by their UNDERLINED noun

.SQUARES represent general/additional facts that could be interesting.








No comments:

Post a Comment