Sunday, December 5, 2010

all about PROJECT 8

Still frames of my schematic:

FINAL STATEMENT:

I definitely learned a good deal from this project. For one, I had never made a non-linear narrative where I could let the user really interact with the message. In doing a non-linear narrative, where the viewer can control the pace of this design artifact rather than simply sit and watch without pushing any buttons, I believe that my message is clarified. Before, when it was just a print, I could only say so much. All the information was generic and if a person wanted more information, it wasn't there. But in my user oriented schematic that I built on flash, I was able to add that extra information. When each word on the schematic is rolled over with the moused, a definition pops up.

The viewer tends to read the schematic from left to right because it is structured linearly. So each word and definition is read chronologically — however the viewer does have the option to look at any word or play the animation at any given time. The animation is played when the viewer clicks on the SOUCRE A button. The arrow moves from left to right thus demonstrating the linear, chronological importance of the schematic.

I was glad to get my feet wet with Flash .3 scripting. That demo that garret gave was most helpful. Now I won't be nearly as intimidated to get into that in the future as I would have been without learning those basic functions.


No comments:

Post a Comment