Monday, May 9, 2011

PROCESS/ final statement.






The cover. development of my way-finding map


-___________
development of a particular spread:

I started with a sketch:

added color

changed the format to just one map to a series of illustrations that would lead you from sculpture to sculpture.

here is a copy of the final, with an added introduction, more full colored illustration, and more refined typography.

__________
parent's map:



the final map:

____
and a little of the process of drawing these:


___
final statement:

I learned a lot about the project of this project. staying on track is always a tricky business for a mind that likes to wander. Never the less I was able to develop this little way-finding map for the event at the Nelson-Atkins. the map gives a visual experience for the kids that use it, guiding them from sculpture to sculpture. its like playing i spy or working a little puzzle. quite fun.

The illustrative approach I think is a good one. I have never before implemented directly any drawings into my design work before. However many drawings I did, I enjoyed doing them all, and solving the problem of clarifying the map that the user would have a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment