Wednesday, November 4, 2009

READING: URGE TO MAKE

People generally like to make things, and artist naturally like to make things. We get the most satisfaction, or at least I do, when we make things with our hands - even if doing so is not altogether easy. One thing Lioni said that was interesting was that "If I didn't make paintings and sculptures, then I would be content making bricks, tiles, or boxes...". I am inclined to feel the same way - though it the more one is able to use the mind and creativity in making things, the better.

In this project, there is already a certain amount of satisfaction in seeing and handling all of the work that I am producing. With every object that I've chosen, and with every mark that I've made, I feel as though I am on my way to creating a satisfactory artifact.

No comments:

Post a Comment