Sunday, January 31, 2010

type, image, message.

Reading Type, Image, Message helped to fortify my awareness and sensitivity to how type and image relate to one another. I'm glad to have a resource that I may refer to when I am in need of necessary formal instruction.

It is imperative for a graphic designer to be, in some way, aware of these concepts (separation, fusion, fragmentation, and inversion). What is more, it is because of these thoughtful methods of communication that the graphic designer is able to effectively communicate anything and everything to any specific audience – in more than one way.

When designing anything graphic, I shall make a habit of always considering each method of communication by thinking about how both type and image will relate. I'm sure that there is more than one good way of combining text and image – I shall endeavor to find the best and most effective way of creating a message that any particular audience may relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment