Friday, October 29, 2010

evolution of one process:

Here is a good example of how one idea evolved throughout this project:


I started with the initial thumbnail sketches. The more variations the better.


Then I started playing around with rendering styles:
I mostly played around with the blueberry stains. I did something very similar to the taxonomy project and ended up making lots and LOTS of marks that I would then select from, scan in and photoshop.



and from that I got these things after multiplying layers together in photoshop:



SOON I ENDED UP WITH what I call my berry burst:
for this I cut a whole in a piece of paper, then used that as a mask (see above) for scrubbing the skin of the blueberry onto paper under that. on the mask itself I got a cool border, and that is how I got what you see here:



SO composition wise and concept wise I ended up with this process of development:













___________________

AND here are interesting parts of other similar processes that I worked on simultaneously when doing iterations of the other modes of appeal:







No comments:

Post a Comment