Thursday, April 8, 2010

infograph EVOLUTION


~After doing the research for my subject – being about the Alps – I then made a rough idea of what info-graphs i was going to do by compiling as many interesting and relevant facts:





Better visual representation of what I planned to do:
Here I had decided to do famous waterfalls in the alps and show where they were located in the Alpine region:

the map shows the alpine region and the borders that it encompasses: here the icons are varied in scale - according to the height of the real water fall.



~I then vectored the map:

I printed out a map and then traced it.




then vectored that and added my waterfall icons to the map:




then, in the spirit of my icon series, I put an old looking TEXTURE behind the map, as well as multiplying the texture to the icons as well.



Then I added more COMPARATIVE information by different famous mountains:






Then I enlarged the icons and added a SHADOW behind the icons so as to ad depth - mostly for the sake of visual interest. In addition to that I changed the typeface to match that of the rest of the article, and made the numbers above the icons old style. The typeface I used was Granjon std. - ASIDE from the text, the lines act as a graphic element which are used throughout the spreads in the article:

and finally in context:


___________________________________________________
Here is my other infograph which is very much similar to its counterpart. They work together, with all of the other visual elements in the article.


here is the final with the image that it is incorporated with.


info-graph in context:


_________________________________________
Here are a few details on the info-graphic that was edited out because it was not necessary to include it as my other two info-graphics already had both geography and and comparative attributes. It had been developed in the same way as the one that was elaborated on above. I started by compiling facts and the then thinking how to visualize the facts and then how to refine the facts. the refinement process was stopped on these when i decided that i would no longer pursue this info-graph.














No comments:

Post a Comment